The Payroll section of Anow Analytics has gotten an upgrade! Now you can see a “master” payroll report, as well as view payroll on a per-appraiser basis (the exact same way as Payroll was before).
*Having access to Payroll and Analytics will depend on the role and permissions that you’ve been assigned to by your Admin team.
In Analytics under the Payroll header you will now find two sections: All and Appraiser.
The All section is a compilation of all fee lines that you have assigned to one of your users, within the given date range and filters selected. Here you can generate a "master" report that includes the total amount owing and paid, based on the chosen filters, to all of your appraisers/users combined.
The Appraiser section looks and works exactly the same as Payroll did before we made this update. This area of Analytics is where you can see the Payroll report for each individual user and generate invoices for those users.
If you aren't seeing the Appraiser option under Payroll, please follow the steps outlined below.
First, logout of Anow and then clear your internet cache. Once cleared, please close your browser and log into Anow once again.
To clear your cache in Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools, then Clear Browsing Data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All Time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
To clear your cache in Microsoft Edge:
- Click on the menu button situation in the upper right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Under Clear Browsing Data, click on Choose What to Clear.
- Check the boxes next to Cookies and Saved Website Data, and Cached Data and Files.
- Click Clear.
To clear your cache in Safari:
- Click Safari in the upper left side of your screen.
- In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- A window will now show. Navigate to the Privacy tab.
- Click the Remove All Website Data button.
- Click Remove Now in the pop up that appears.
To clear your cache in Mozilla Firefox:
- Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Privacy and Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data.
- Check off Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content marked off, click the Clear button.