Before You Start
- It's important to note that only CSV files are accepted by the Orders Import tool at this time, so you will need a spreadsheet containing your historical data saved or exported as a comma separated value (CSV) file.
- For further instructions on how to get your files in a CSV format, please scroll to the bottom of this article and look for How to Generate a CSV File for Import.
- The required fields are Address, City, State, and Ordered By. If you do not have these fields in your spreadsheet, please go add them now to your CSV file before you begin.
Using the Orders Import Tool
To upload a CSV of orders into Anow as live appraisals, click your initials in the top right and choose the Import Tool option.
On the Import Tool page, click the Orders Import tab. Drag and drop or click "browse" to upload your CSV.
On the Orders Import screen you will see each individual column from your spreadsheet displayed (see photo below). The top header in bold font is the name of that particular column in your .CSV file, and the data shown just below that is a sample from your uploaded spreadsheet.
Next, click where you see Make a Selection, then choose which of the provided Anow appraisal fields best suits that column of data for your import. The appraisal field you choose will be where you can find that information set after you've completed your import.
Please Note: If you don't see an appraisal field that properly corresponds with the data for a particular column of yours, you can simply select Skip Column.
After choosing a field label that accurately represents the data from that column, the box will turn from green to blue; this is to let you know when a column is ready to be imported.
Once you have selected an appraisal field for each column you want to see imported, including the required fields, click on the blue Next button towards the lower right of your screen. This will submit your orders import request.
When the request has been completed you will get an email letting you know, and you will see all of your orders on the main Appraisal Dashboard:
There will be a tag attached to the orders you import by default, this makes it easy to find them through the search feature. You can now start working on these appraisals any time!
How to Generate a CSV File for Import
Files that you've created in Excel, Google Sheets, and Numbers for Mac can all be downloaded or exported to a CSV document.
- Simply open the file you want to be in a CSV format, then click on the File tab of the menu.
- Finally, look for Export To or Download As in the dropdown, and click the CSV export option from there.
If you have questions about the Orders Import tool, feel free to contact our support team any time!