Before You Start
- It's important to note that only CSV files are accepted by the Update Orders Import tool at this time, so you will need a spreadsheet containing your historical data saved or exported as a comma separated value (CSV) file.
- The required fields are File Number and Order Status. If you do not have these fields in your spreadsheet, please go add them now to your CSV file before you begin.
- Currently you can update the Order Status, Report Type, Report Purpose, Report Fee, Loan Number, Loan Type, Appointment Date, Due Date, Completed Date, Borrower, and Assigned Appraiser.
Using the Update My Orders Tool
To update orders in Anow through a CSV import, click your initials in the top right and choose the Import Tool option.
On the Import Tool page, click the Update My Orders tab. Drag and drop or click "browse" to upload your CSV.
On the Update Orders Import screen you will see each individual column from your spreadsheet displayed (see photo below). The top header in bold font is the name of that particular column in your .CSV file, and the data shown just below that is a sample from your uploaded spreadsheet.
- You can update the Order Status, Report Type, Report Purpose, Report Fee, Loan Number, Loan Type, Appointment Date, Due Date, Completed Date, Borrower, and Assigned Appraiser.
- Order Status and File # are required fields on your CSV when updating.
- The Order Statuses we support are Open, On Hold, Cancelled and Completed.
Next, click where you see Make a Selection, then choose which of the provided Anow appraisal fields best suits that column of data for your update import. The appraisal field you choose will be where you can find that information after you've completed your update.
Please Note: If you don't see an appraisal field that properly corresponds with the data for a particular column of yours, you can simply select Skip Column.
Anow Pro Tip: If you're updating the Assigned Appraiser, you'll want to separate their name into two columns on your CSV, one for the first name and one for the last name. On the orders update page, you can map the first and last name columns to the appropriate fields. The appraiser will not update unless you use the first name and last name set up.
After choosing a field label that accurately represents the data from that column, the box will turn from green to blue; this is to let you know when a column is ready to be imported and updated.
Once you have selected an appraisal field for each column you want to see updated and the required fields, click on the blue Next button towards the lower right of your screen. This will submit your order update request.
Please Note: The orders will update accordingly by taking the file number you entered on the CSV and finding the matching file numbers stored in Anow.
You'll get an email notification letting you know when the update has finished processing and the changes will automatically reflect on the relevant Anow orders.
I have an appraisal at "200 N Puente St" and I want to update:
- Report Fee from $250 to $450
- Order Status from In Progress to On Hold
- Report Type from Desktop Appraisal to 1004
This is a preview of what my CSV for this update looks like:
Next, follow the steps outlined above to import the CSV and update the order.
I get an email notifying me that the update is complete, now when I refresh the details page for my order at 200 N Puente St, I see all of the applied changes.
- Report Fee is now $450:
- Order Status shows On Hold:
- Report Type is 1004:
The Activity Feed on the order also updates to show any changes that have been made:
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to use the Orders Import tool and how to create a CSV file!